ASP.NET MVC 2 Released
March 12th, 2010
ASP.NET MVC 2 adds a lot of new features and can be run in parallel with ASP.NET MVC 1.
Current ASP.NET MVC 1 applications can also be upgraded to ASP.NET MVC 2.
A summary of the new features from ScottGu:
- New Strongly Typed HTML Helpers
- Enhanced Model Validation support across both server and client
- Auto-Scaffold UI Helpers with Template Customization
- Support for splitting up large applications into “Areas”
- Asynchronous Controllers support that enables long running tasks in parallel
- Support for rendering sub-sections of a page/site using Html.RenderAction
- Lots of new helper functions, utilities, and API enhancements
- Improved Visual Studio tooling support